Sunday 28 April 2013

Rainbow Gradient and Nail Stamping.

Posted by Caitlyn at 03:21

Amazing Nail Art on Facebook posted this stunning pictorial by Ohtammm on Instagram.


Basic Steps

1 - Prepare your nails with s base coat and 1-2 coats of a solid white colours. This will help make your colours pop!

2 - Apply your selected colours to a makeup sponge.

3 - Take the sponge and dab on to the nail. Working relatively quickly with small dabbing motion has seemed to work better for me. I found if I played around too much the polish it would get tacky and the sponge would start to leave pieces on the nail.

4 - I recommend leaving your nail to dry for a few minutes and then repeat the colour dabbing process, this will allow you to build up the colours and achieve your desired look.

5 & 6 - Use a dotting tool or toothpick to draw on a leopard print to finish this design.

My attempt was satisfactory, but definitely not as good as Ohtammm's pictorial. Nail gradients take a bit of practice to get that amazing transition between the colours.

Clean up is still a weaker part of my nail art, but I'll get there :D




I decided to skip steps 5 & 6 on Ohtammm's pictorial and jump right back in to the nail stamping, here is what I came up with.



I'm so in LOVE with these nails! I think perhaps some of the best I've done!

Caitlyn xo

2 comments:

Liz on 28 April 2013 at 05:13 said...

I just wanted to say this is gorgeous! I'd love to try it out but unfortunately don't have enough of the right sort of pastelly shades to get a nice rainbow effect. You did a really good job though!

Demi on 28 April 2013 at 21:39 said...

I like the light pastel sort of effect on step number 3! I gotta try this with a few monochrome colours in my kit :D

On a side note, I had no idea that you even had this blog, ergh..

Post a Comment

 

Ice Bubble Tea Nails Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos